After starting the game, select the "Fixed Enemies" selection at the options screen and set it to "No". Then, select the "Random Enemies" option and set it to "No".
Increase time limits:
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit the "levels.mrf" file in the "/zombie studios/specops us army green berets" folder. Edit the "TimeLimit" entry to the desired time in minutes. For example, enter "12" for 12 minutes, "24" for 24 minutes, etc. For example, use the following to change the Germany "Ship Hold" level. In the "levels.mrf" file, find the line containing text "LevelName" and "levelant2a". The following three paragraphs contain game information for this level. Change the "TimeLimit" line from "6" to any other number. This number will be your new time limit in minutes. Save the file. This is the only helpful change you can make to this file. Do not change the file name. You may wish to rename the original file to "levels.bak" in case you wish to restore the default game settings.
Add/remove squad members:
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit a "level*.txt" file in the "/zombie studios/specops us army green berets/menu" folder. The level names will always start with "level", followed by a 3-letter abbreviation of the mission region ("ant" for Antarctica, "ger" for Germany, etc.), and then the level number. For example, to edit the Germany "Ship Hold" level load "levelger1f.txt". To add/remove squad members, simply change the number found to the right of the word "TeamSize" to the number of squad members you desire. You may also wish to edit the "Notes" line, to indicate the correct number of squad members during game play.
The "Situation", "Mission", "Execution", and "Notes" lines are all displayed prior to the start of each level. Any changes you make to these lines will appear during the level briefings. Note: It is possible to add more than four squad members to your team, however the results are not predictable, so it is not recommended. The load-out menu for these "extra" members will appear strangely, and selection of weapons and equipment can be confusing and time consuming. You also risk locking up your PC by doing this Additionally, If you add squad members, it is very possible that they may appear in the game with a higher rank than usual. This is yet another benefit, because the AI advances as the squad members gain rank. You may find that these "extra" members respond to your commands better, and take up a better share of the work than lower-ranked squad members.
Note: This procedure involves editing a game file; create a backup copy of the file before proceeding. Use a text editor to edit a "inventory.txt" file in the "/zombie studios/specops us army green berets/menu" folder. In order to enable more weapons and equipment to be used during the game, you must lower the "point value" for all weapon and equipment items. Each item has a point value, which is a number which represents a percentage of the total "load" that your squad members can carry. The point value is the first number found after the weapon or equipment name. Cutting these numbers in half will effectively double your overall load-carrying capacity. (The numbers following this point value must not be changed, as they refer to texture files, et cetera.) For example, the default point value for an M203 (5.56mm rifle with 40mm grenade launcher) is "60". When you select the M203 using default "inventory.txt" file, this weapon will take up 60% of your total possible carrying load, leaving only 40% of your load capacity remaining. By lowering this number, you can select more items for use during the game. The lower the point value for each item, the more items you will be able to carry in the game.