Complete the following tasks to unlock the corresponding achievement. To view your achievements and stats in Steam, select "Community", then "My profile", then "View all my games", then the game and view stats.
Ain't That a Kick in the Head: Complete Ain't That a Kick in the Head.
All or Nothing: Complete All or Nothing.
Arizona Killer: Complete arizona killer.
Artful Pocketer: Pick 50 pockets.
Blast Mastery: Cause 10,000 damage with energy weapons.
Caravan Master: Win 30 games of Caravan.
Come Fly With Me: Complete come fly with me.
Crafty: Craft 20 items.
Desert Survivalist: Heal 10,000 points of damage with food.
Double Down: Play 10 hands of Blackjack.
Eureka!: Complete eureka!
For the Republic: Complete For the Republic.
G.I. Blues: Complete g.i. blues.
Globe Trotter: Discover all snow globes.
Hack the Mojave: Hack 25 terminals.
Hardcore: Play the game from start to finish in Hardcore Mode.
Jury Rigger: Repair 30 items.
Know When to Fold Them: Win 3 games of Caravan.
Lead Dealer: Cause 10,000 damage with Guns.
Little Wheel: Play 10 spins of Roulette.
Love the Bomb: Cause 10,000 damage with Explosives.
Master of the Mojave: Discover 125 locations.
Mod Master: Install 20 weapon mods.
New Kid: Reached 10th level.
New Vegas Samurai: Cuase 10,000 damage with melee weapons.
No Gods, No Masters: Complete no gods, no masters
No Tumbler Fumbler: Pick 25 locks.
Ol' Buddy Ol' Pal: Recruit any companion.
Old-Tyme Brawler: Cause 10,000 damage with Unarmed weapons.
One Armed Bandit: Play 10 spins of Slots.
Outstanding Orator: Make 50 Speech challenges.
Render Unto Caesar: Complete render unto caesar.
Return to Sender: Complete Return to Sender.
Ring-a-Ding-Ding: Complete ring-a-ding-ding.
Stim-ply Amazing: Heal 10,000 points of damage with Stimpaks.
Talent Pool: Complete talent pool.
That Lucky Old Sun: Complete that lucky old sun.
The Boss: Reach 30th level.
The Courier Who Broke the Bank: Get banned from all the Strip's casinos.
The House Always Wins: Complete the house always wins.
The Legend of the Star: Complete The Legend of the Star.
The Whole Gang's Here: Recruit all companions.
They Went That-a-Way: Complete they went that-a-way.
Up and Comer: Reach 20th level.
Veni, Vidi, Vici: Complete veni, vidi, vici.
Volare!: Complete volare!
Walker of the Mojave: Discover 50 locations.
Wild Card: Complete wild card.
You Run Barter Town: Sell 10,000 caps worth of goods.
You'll Know It When It Happens: Complete you'll know it when it happens.
Star Wars reference
Go to the town of Nipton. Walk to the right of the town hall's front entrance to find a burned out building, with a pair of burned corpses in front. The view resembles the scene from Star Wars where Luke Skywalker finds the bodies of his Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen.
Kill Without Gaining Infamy
You need an anti-material rifle with incendiary ammo for this cheat. Equip your rifle and change the ammo type to incendiary. Use VATS on a target and quit the VATS after targeting. Now the target is on fire without you gaining infamy or agroing anyone. You may use this trick several times on stronger targets. Note: This cheat worked before later updates; it may be patched.
Each weapon type in Fallout 3 has a unique weapon with special capabilities. Here is a list of where you can find these unique weapons.
Thump Thump: At Nelson, after you get into the base, help the leader with the ant problem. Once your down there, look for two generators. Don't go to them, but go right to the other side to find a skeleton with the Thump Thump and around 20 or 30 rounds.
The Rat Slayer: In Freeside, go to The Atomic Wrangler Bar and talk to the female bartender. Ask about getting a room, but instead of paying the 10 caps, ask if you could work out a deal. She will give you a quest in which you have to collect the debt of 3 people throughout Freeside. One the them is named Lady Jane and can be found by the entrance to New Vegas in the day. When you question her about her debt she will say she doesn't have the money, but a carvan of her's in a place called Broc Flower Cave does. If your Speech/Barter is high enough you can convince her to cough the money up, but for the sake of the weapon you will want to go to the cave. She will warn you about the Rodents of Unusual Size (A Princess Bride refrence). Once you arrive at the cave go down the path to the right. A dead Brahmin on the left of the irradiated dead end has the money. To the right is a semi-hidden passageway upward to to 2 or 3 R.O.U.Ses and a stockpile of supplies including The Rat Slayer, an unique Varmint Rifle.
Don't Get Caught Stealing
1.You have to be somewhere where there is a spot out of the line of sight of all the surounding NPC's.
2.Figure out a good spot to hide in and save your game.
3.Click the right stick while you have selected the item you want to steal, but do not press the A button to steal it.
4.This will allow you to safely carry the item to your designated hiding spot.
5.Now crouch and when it says [HIDDEN] you can steal it without losing reputation, or having an NPC attack you.
You may lose karma so try it once to make sure y
Easter Egg: Fun with Fisto the Sexbot
In Fallout 3 there was a upgraded power fist called "Fisto!" Fisto makes a return in Fallout: New Vegas as a sexbot that you must find for the quest "Wang Dang Automatic Tango." In the quest, you find Fisto in cerulean robotics. Once you release him from his tube, he gives you the option to test him out.
After completing the side quest to find a sex robot for the silver rush Fisto will make his way to the Silver Rush Casino. Inside next to the roulette table when you speak to him he'll offer his services but if you reply "No thanks" it will give you ten caps. This can provide an unlimited supply of caps if you're willing to activate the chat over and over again.
Deckard's Gun from Blade Runner
The store in Novac has "That Gun," a gun that resembles Deckard's Gun from Blade Runner. This is also the name of a gun in previous Fallout games.
In Freeside, go to the Old Mormon Fort. Seek out Julie Farkes inside the Fort. Choose the dialogue option to help them get medical supplies. Click through the dialogue options to hear one that tells you that she just got a shipment of magazines. After all this you will need to choose the option "I have some medical supplies to drop off." There are three options; choose the Rad-Away as this is the easiest one of the three to find. You only need to leave one thing if you don't care about fame. Every time you give them something you will gain more fame. After you give them the supplies choose the option "I'd like to buy medical supplies." There are a few aid supplies here that you can get if you want although they will not regenerate. In the supply list you can find the Magazines. Buy up what you want and then exit. After that, choose the option to give med supplies again. This time you need not give them anything just choose the "Never mind" option. Go back to "Buy medical supplies" and you can repeat teh process for more magazines. You can do it infinitely as long as you choose to drop off supplies first. You can even come back to at a later time. Here are the magazines you can score:
* Fix-in' Things - Repair +10
* Lad's Life - Survival +10
* Meeting People - Speech +10
* Programmer's Digest - Science +10
* Salesman Weekly - Barter +10
* Today's Physician - Medical -10
Easter Egg: Indiana Jones Reference
If you head south on the road out of Goodsprings (about 100 yds) you will come across a refrigerator at the base of a hill with a skeleton inside. On the skeletons head? A fedora. This is a reference to the latest (lamest?) Indiana Jones movie The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Easter Egg: Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen from Star Wars?
A scene resembling the burned corpses of Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen can be found within the town of Nipton out front of a burned down building (Moisture Farm?). It's a short walk to the right of the town hall's front entrance.
Free and Unlimited Caps, Items and More
Like Fallout 3, you can use this trading exploit to earn essentially infinite amounts of caps, items, repairs and ammunition. Here's how:
1. Find any shop-based trader and sell him any stuff in your inventory that you don't need and complete the transaction. This will boost the amount of money he has.
2. Find something in your inventory that you have two of or something that you and the shop keeper both have. Sell an item or two to the trader so he has two of them.
3. Check that the two identical items are of different values once they are in the trader's inventory. The bigger the difference in value, the better.
4. Now buy the cheaper of the two identical items and complete the transaction, but do not leave the trade session. Look for the item in your inventory. The item should have gone up in value dramatically and should be 100% repaired, even though when you sold the item initially it wasn't! If it isn't 100% repaired for whatever reason, sell the item back to him anyway and repeat steps 3-4, trying a different item if necessary.
5. Now you will be able to sell the same item for a high price and buy it back at a low price until you have drained his money completely. If you want, you can hold onto the item as it will be fully repaired -- simply keep it on the final round which will leave him with a small amount of money. Either sell the item back to him again once he is out of money, or if you are keeping it, sell him something else of high value and he will owe you that amount. The transaction price will go dim and remain at whatever amount of money he has left.
6. Search through the trader's inventory and find stuff you need. Stimpaks, ammo, miscellaneous item, weapons and armor are all fair game. Eventually, the transaction price will light up again and you may owe him a few caps depending on how much of his stuff you added to the deal. Complete the transaction.
7. If you wait three days he will have new stock and around 650 caps. The longer you wait, the more robust his inventory will become and the more caps he'll have for you to take when you're ready to do this all over again.
you'll need to have a speech skill level of 50 or higher before attempting this trick. Approach Old Ben who sits by a fire near the King headquarters in Freeside. Persuade him to escort you to the local bar. For beating the Speech Challenge you'll get 61 XP. Follow him back to the bar and let him sit down. Speak to him again and you can do the Speech Challenge infinitely for unlimited XP.
Achievement/Trophy Hint: Snow Globes
The Globe Trotter Achievement / Trophy requires you to collect seven Snow Globes in New Vegas. Here are the locations of all seven:
* Mt. Charleston Snow Globe - Jacobstown / In the lodge, search the entrance and reception area. This Snow Globe is sitting on a curved desk by some terminals.
* Mormon Fort - Old Mormon Fort / Julie Farkas has an office inside a tower at the fort. The Snow Globe is on top of a bookcase here.
* Test Site - Lucky 38 Casino / Head to the cocktail lounge and look for the cash register. It's across from the entrance. The Snow Globe is behind the register.
* The Strip - Vault 21 / After you access Sarah's locked bedroom, grab this Snow Globe off of the table between the two beds.
* Nellis AFB - Nellis Air Force Base / Pete's makeshift museum holds this Snow Globe. It's on a table in the corner under a mural.
* Hoover Dam - Hoover Dam / Search the visitor center for a terminal near two curved desks. The Snow Globe can be found on a desk here.
* Goodsprings - Goodsprings Cemetery / Near the water tower is a patch of upturned soil by a small, rectangular grave marker. The Snow Globe is sitting in front of the marker.
* In Guardian Peak you will meet an NCR soldier who is wounded. Through some Speech checks, you can get him to give you his gun for escorting him out of the cave that he is in. When you get to the entrance of the cave with him in tow, he will speak and you can continually ask for his rifle, which he will give you along with ammunition. Note: This is best done after earning the perk that allows for over encumbered fast travel.
* Note: This requires the unpatched version of the game. Begin going through the storyline, once you get to Prim and complete the quest there, leave for awhile and return. You will be able to gamble. In order to gamble you must purchase chips. Go to the cashier at the Vikki & Vance Casino. Purchase as many chips as possible with any of the three types of money (Caps, NCR, and Legionaries). Once you have the chips, save the game normally (not by auto-save). Note: Each chip is worth one cap, so you can trade all the chips back for a full refund if needed. Once your game is saved, talk to the cashier again and select the fourth option (something similar to "Cash in my chips"). She will ask what form of payment you want. Pick any option desired, then quickly exit the conversation. This should have given you as much of the form of money you requested that equals to chips. Caps are 1 chip to 1 cap. NCR are 8 chips to $20 and 40 chips to $100, and Legionaries are 4 chips to one Denarius, 20 chips for a Dalhali, and 100 chips for a Aureus. Once you have exited the conversation, check your inventory. You should have the money and the chips still in your possession. Talk to the cashier and repeat the trick. If you want to get higher amounts at a time, do the trick with caps a few times, then buy 1,000 chips for 1,000 caps about five or six times.
* After completing the Sexbot quest, go to the atomic wrangler and talk to Fisto. Choose the "Maybe later" response to get 10 caps. You can continue to do this as many times as desired. With enough time and patience you can accumulate a large amount of caps.
In Camp McCarran where the monorail directly to the strip is located, you can gain entry to the monorail. Take the long way around and stay as close to the vending machines as possible. Follow the wall around the back way. Make sure the other soldier has his back to you. Crouch and sneak up to this soldier. You may hear the phrase indicating that if you get any closer they will have to shoot you. However, as long as you remain hidden, it may flash "Detected" briefly for a few times. As soon as you are close enough to the door, you can go through it and take a monorail directly to the strip. This may require a few attempts. Be careful when returning to the monorail from the strip. You will probably be shot. However as soon as you enter the monorail it resets,
Enemies catch on fire without firing weapon
Use the .50 machine gun incendiary ammunition on the anti-materiel rifle. Target an enemy with V.A.T.S. The enemy will catch on fire, even if you do not fire the weapon.